Ericisonit 2021-12-02 11:44 (Edited)
A text editor…. 😏
- Documents are 40 characters wide, 128 characters tall (5120 total)
- Screen size is 40x21 (840 characters)
- Use the keyboard to type (duh)
- Arrow keys move the cursor, as does clicking anywhere with the mouse/touchscreen
- Drag/Swipe to scroll the document
- When used as a tool, auto-loads and auto-saves to your program’s ROM #14 (but only if it is either empty or contains previously saved data)
So much more to be done, but this is at least a demo of fitting a ton more characters on the screen.
Need to implement insertion of text, and maybe even storing and handling new line characters on the fly instead of the blank space hogging the memory.
Thinking I might explore syntax highlighting, or at the very least rich text type formatting