was8bit 2019-02-13 17:34 (Edited)
You have used CHARACTER DESIGNER to create little graphic characters, and now may be wondering how to use these to make a game...
This mini game demonstrates how to:
1) Place characters on the screen with CELL and ATTR commands
2) Read what characters are on the screen with CELL.C and CELL,A commands
3) Make characters appear to move about the screen
4) Introduces the SUB and CALL commands
5) Create a simple maze and how moving things wrap around the screen
6) Add new and move characters only into empty spaces
7) Add simple "smarts" to enemy movements and bullets
PLEASE feel free to post comments, discussions, etc.
More chapters to come :)
desbyc 2019-02-15 12:00
I tried to use this concept in my first versions of Boulder Dash. But with getting more complex it was to slow.
was8bit 2019-02-15 15:48 (Edited)
That's why I try different approaches to test the limits.. so far so good with few things to process :)
desbyc 2019-02-15 20:03