SP4CEBAR 2023-03-15 09:50 (Edited)
- left: joystick left or button left
- right: joystick right or button right
SP4CEBAR 2023-03-15 10:05
This project uses pixel collision with sprite hit, I wanted to use my vector collision but I didn't like the complexity and having to store collision vectors
SP4CEBAR 2023-03-15 10:14
The left diagonal bouncers don't work
McPepic 2023-03-15 14:44
I love the rotation animation for the flippers coming up. I don’t suppose the program factors the velocity of the flippers into the ball’s movement? I also noticed the ball likes to go through surfaces (including the flipper sometimes).
SP4CEBAR 2023-03-15 14:55
Yeah, flipper just gives the ball a force upward, and the collision is pretty bad, it's a little rushed
Timo 2023-03-15 15:36
A real pinball game on NX would be very cool. But the physics are difficult...
Pablo 2023-03-15 18:01
The flippers works great, fun sound effects.
SP4CEBAR 2023-03-15 18:03
- Collision fixed
SP4CEBAR 2023-03-15 18:05
If anyone has an idea for a fun pinball map, feel free to make it in GFX designer
SP4CEBAR 2023-03-15 18:53 (Edited)
- even better collision, I think the only collision problem left is that it can speed past the collision check
SP4CEBAR 2023-03-15 19:00 (Edited)
- I made the walls thick so that the balls can't phase through them anymore (I'm glad I didn't have to implement a raycast check), edit: it's still not enough
Timo 2023-03-15 20:58
You could check several positions each frame.
SP4CEBAR 2023-03-15 21:51
I could, but that would make it more complicated, maybe I'll add one more check into the direction of velocity, that would do it I think
McPepic 2023-03-15 21:59
This is really cool!
SP4CEBAR 2023-03-16 07:23 (Edited)
- thicker walls
- random starting position
- score counter
SP4CEBAR 2023-03-16 07:54 (Edited)
- more collision checks in the direction of the velocity, the amount of checks depends on the magnitude of the velocity, but it somehow still manages to phase through walls sometimes
SP4CEBAR 2023-03-16 13:25
- added a weird parallax effect (it kind of looks like the camera is flying above a surface)
SP4CEBAR 2023-03-16 13:54
- made the effect more subtle
SP4CEBAR 2023-03-22 12:54
- spaced out the flippers
Dan 2023-03-22 15:11
the speed is impressive but not really enjoyable to play.
Pablo 2023-03-22 23:49
Nice updates. I'd increase the gravity and limit the ball speed, if you ask me.
SP4CEBAR 2023-03-23 13:41
I've moved the physics parameters to the top of the code and tweaked them
Dan 2023-03-23 17:39
I hoped that the collision would be better detected by slowing down the ball, but there are few places at which it simply falls through the cells.
I have used these settings:
'BIG BOUNCER, SMALL BOUNCER, WALL BOUNCE
SP4CEBAR 2023-03-24 09:35
The slow speed indeed makes it easier to see what's going on, I think it is allowed to sink one pixel at a time, or there are certain angles that don't have proper collision