dredds 2019-04-05 09:01
Hi. I’m having a lot of fun with LowRes NX on my iPhone. I’m amazed what I can write on a *phone* and how easily.
I have a few small requests for the editor UI to make it even better:
1. When I pop up the search bar, focus stays in the text panel, so I often accidentally type a search into the program text and mess up my code. Could you make the editor set the focus on the search field when it is popped up?
2. When lining up code with spaces the editor turns two spaces into period & space. Is that something that could be disabled?
3. I’d love undo/redo buttons. I hate shaking my phone to undo :-)
Timo 2019-04-05 09:39
1. good point, that should be easy.
2. I think I can fix this
3. hm, but where? there is almost no space left on the screen...
dredds 2019-04-05 09:51
There’s a little bit of space in the top button bar, and I guess it wouldn’t be terrible if the program name wasn’t shown there, which would free up some more space.
was8bit 2019-04-05 11:37
The period after double space can be removed by backing up and redoing the spacing... it’s slightly annoying but doable...
I “think” the shake shake undo is an iPhone setting... let me check...
was8bit 2019-04-05 12:11 (Edited)
Well, shake shake can be turned off, but it doesn't offer anything else to replace it... :(
My iPad has undo and redo buttons, but my iPhone does not...
was8bit 2019-04-05 12:12
The iPhone "does" have a comma button that could be reused for an undo button..
Timo 2019-04-27 11:19
Bad news for 2.: There is no easy way to change this by code (only hacking, but I prefer not doing it). But you can switch it off for your complete phone: Settings > General > Keyboard > "." Shortcut
was8bit 2019-04-27 11:54
The “.” Shortcut is handy when typing in general. See, I didn’t have to add these periods in these sentences. :)
was8bit 2019-04-27 11:56 (Edited)
I’ve just learned to hit space twice, backup twice, then add my spaces... once you get into the habit you don’t even notice your doing it. :)