was8bit 2019-06-22 16:24 (Edited)
(Upon 3 likes I’ll make version 2 that will add some AI that changes gameplay based on time of day, etc..)
Welcome to was8bit's BITBYTS DINE where the tired little data bits on your device can come and grab a byte to eat when they get hungry (or their energy level goes down to zero) ;)
You own my franchise, and are trying to help make hungry Bits happy and full, while also trying not to lose money... you owe $1000 for purchasing this franchise, can you turn your debt into profit???
1) Empty tables that are clean and set to serve customers appear empty with 4 menus placed in the center of the table
2) When hungry Bits first sit down at a table they will appear as empty circles .. they are waiting for you to take their orders...
3) HOLD your finger on that table... in time the empty circles turn into half filled circles... now the Bits have ordered, but they still need their food
4) Continue to HOLD your finger on their table until the circles turn solid... now the Bits have their food and will enjoy eating their food
::: while holding your finger down they will talk (grumbly sound) but when the grumbly noise stops, this lets you know they are now eating and you can remove your finger.
5) When the Bits are done, they will pay their bill and leave... they also leave a mess on the table.. keep tapping on the messy table until it appears completely free of debris
::: when tapping you will hear a soft tap sound. When the table is clean you will hear a one time snap sound letting you know the table is all clean.
6) You must now wait until your employees reset the clean table before it will be ready for more hungry Bits...
- if you take too long to respond to Bits before they get their food, they may just decide to leave... that's money lost!!!
- if you accidentally tap a READY TABLE you will put it on RESERVE which means Bits can't eat at that table... it takes time for a reserved table to become available again
- TIME IS MONEY, so you'll notice that as time passes bills keep slowly piling up... you need to make your money faster than the bills to turn your overall debt (red) into profit (black)
- Total bills are shown at the top middle as red (money going out)
- Total payments from Bits are shown at the top left as green (money coming in)
- Profit or Loss of your company is shown at the top right
Tinycloud778 2019-06-22 23:16
“Nice” said Tinycloud realizing he didn’t know what this program meant or what is was supposed to be
was8bit 2019-06-23 07:04
The concept: “BITBYTS” is a virtual restaurant simulator where you are the operator and must manage the customers and the table spaces efficiently to be profitable...
The play action: primarily a TAP/TOUCH game where you will need to tap or hold on the right tables at the right times in the right manner in response to the ever changing conditions...
If you take a sneak peek at the character set, it’s all complete and hints at what to look forward to :)
Tinycloud778 2019-06-24 18:45
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh now i get it
was8bit 2019-06-24 20:48
Timo 2019-06-27 13:11
Difficult to play on an iPhone because I don’t see the table under my finger :/
was8bit 2019-06-27 13:20 (Edited)
Do you mean while you are “waiting” on the customers? While you are waiting on them they “talk” to you which is the growly noise you hear.... keep your finger on the table until the growly noise stops, which lets you know they are done and are now eating ... :)
Also, when cleaning up a table by tapping it, when it is all clear you know this because you hear a higher pitched snap sound.. this lets you know you’re done... kinda like snapping your towel on the table.... :)
Everything else is automatic..... you shouldn’t touch the screen for anything else....
was8bit 2019-06-27 13:22
I probably should add the sound cues in the instructions above :)
Timo 2019-06-27 14:15
Ah ok, I had my phone muted. With sound it should be ok.
was8bit 2019-06-27 17:46
Let me know... I appreciate the feedback :D
Tinycloud778 2019-06-27 18:18
Whenever I try to play it displays an error
was8bit 2019-06-27 19:23
Oohhh.. sorry..... that’s because it’s got stuff from the TESTFLIGHT version of NX... it should be playable for everyone very soon....