was8bit 2022-02-03 07:22 (Edited)
An evil spell has cast the entire kingdom into the netherworlds... and you, a lone knight, the only one left, may save them all ..... starting from your home, you must journey past many dangers to Cloudy Mountain, and reunite the 2 crowns and free the kingdom and its people... but these crowns are guarded by giant crows who await their dinner.... (...you...)
If you wish to take on this challenge, i caution you... the following link will prepare you for your dangerous journey ahead.... (good luck to you)
small Lt. Tan hills: get candles (to see farther)
small Brown hills: get bows (to shoot arrows with)
Purple mountains: get arrows and axes (to pass thru trees)
Blue mountains: get arrows and boats (to pass over rivers)
Red mountains: get arrows and keys (to pass thru gates)
Cloudy Mountain:: recover both halves of the crown
Enemies: Bats, Spiders, Rats, Snakes, ??blobs??, Giant Crows
Warning: Bows, Axes, Boats, and Keys, can all break..
LEFT set controls player movement
RIGHT arrow keys shoot arrows
V0.57 can use items... this version is preloaded so you can travel directly to cloudy mountain ;)
V0.58a beginning the code for arrows...
CubicleHead 2022-02-08 01:21
This is looking rly cool! Is it gonna be like an RPG?
was8bit 2022-02-08 02:08
No, it is based on this game...
If you look in my list of games, you will see where i have tried to also make this game..
My 3 things i really want to somehow finish so eday is these 2 games and my sheet music editor..
Unfortunately between work, family, and other life constraints, its a struggle for me to do big projects...
was8bit 2022-02-08 02:09
But thanks for the compliment... the cool factor im sure comes from the inspiration of the original game... :)
McPepic 2022-02-12 16:27
This is such a cool game so far! Loving the way it’s coming together!
was8bit 2022-02-12 16:56
Thanky kindly :)
was8bit 2022-02-12 17:25 (Edited)
To clarify my answer to CubicleHeads question "Is it gonna be like an RPG" i had just answered "no"...
To clarify that "no"... in the sense that, rather than focusing on building yourself up, this game is all about being very careful to wisely use diminishing resources...
1) The items in the game: candles, bows, and arrows, are limited resources, available amounts are randomly set at game creation, and must be gathered, as you start with none... once you have gathered them all, there is no more available
2) Resource levels do not remain the same... as you use them their levels will decrease.... so it is possible to run out a resource... this will diminish what you can do, and even possibly prove fatal...
3) The most important resource is your health. It will be at it highest level at the start of the game. The game assumes you have plenty of food and rest, so health then reflects simply your life force... as you are attacked by different enemies, different amounts of health is removed... simply said, when your health hits zero, you have died and have failed your quest
4) all hillsides and mountains are also dimishing resources... as you go into a small cave or a regular cavern, you should fully extract all you can from that cave/cavern... if you leave or quit out of these, the tunnel you used to enter it will collapse... meaning you can never go back into that cave/cavern... if there was something in there you wanted, at that point it is forever burried in the earth, sorry....
5) finally, going inside Cloudy Mountain is a one way trip... there is NO exit ladder to get back out of it... you now have only 2 options... you unite the 2 crowns and free the kingdom... or you die trying... (quitting out will zap your saved game, so no help there either)
.... Although i am crafting this game abit differently than the original intellivision game, it will have the same feel to it... limited resouces, and only 2 possible outcomes... ;)
was8bit 2022-04-13 03:31
I have finally resolved my plans for the caverns... (see Caverns Test 3)
(Having made backups of all original codes) I have inserted the graphics and code from CavernsTest3 into Cloudy Mountain... I have also deleted the original code for all original caves .... NOW i have to blend the code together so that everything works correctly...
...please stand by...
McPepic 2022-04-13 14:52
Awesome! Super exciting stuff.
was8bit 2022-04-13 16:58
I am about halfway finished with getting the new caverns to work right... i first have to remember what i was doing with the smokey mnt code... then i have to change the #'s in the cavern codes for the imported characters as i have to put them into a different place in the smokey files...
was8bit 2022-04-14 05:00
Oof... so many bugs ....
was8bit 2022-04-14 15:40
Hmmm... lots of issues with the lighting effects.... will have to explore a solution externally, then import....
was8bit 2022-04-16 10:11
Got the new messaging and stats display put it... next is to get the dark/light effect back in :)
was8bit 2022-04-16 15:53
Lighting system was partially disabled for debugging... need to tweak it back where it needs to be...
Then i will need to make all items working for the whole game...
Then i can start adding the enemy characters...
McPepic 2022-04-17 17:31
The game’s coming along really nicely! Keep up the good work.
was8bit 2022-04-18 03:09
Thanky so much :) I have been trying harder to actually complete games :)
was8bit 2022-04-18 04:09
I will need to test really good this last update, but it appears to be ready to add enemies next :D
was8bit 2022-04-19 02:00
Dark cells are temporarily replaced with see-thru dark cells, so i can debug arrow code more easily ....
was8bit 2022-04-19 13:25
Worked out sprite conflicts when I added clouds to the title page.... pays to remember what your code is doing ;)
McPepic 2022-04-19 15:31
It’s super interesting to see the project change over time. I actually really like this game and can’t wait to see what you do next!
was8bit 2022-04-19 18:24
Thanks somuch :)
was8bit 2022-04-19 19:23 (Edited)
The original (which i still have the orignal game and original itellivision system) inspired my game here:
Of course mine is not a duplicate, as i dont like making duplicates ;'